· Here are Friday’s winning Mega Millions numbers (Jackpot was $45 million): 14 - 38 - 40 - 53 - 70; Mega Ball was 22; Megaplier was 3.
· Here are Saturday’s winning Powerball numbers (Jackpot was $257.9 million): 22 - 42 - 45 - 55 - 56; Powerball was 14; Power Play was 3.
· Kevin Harvick won Saturday’s KC Masterpiece 400 NASCAR race.
· In a commencement speech at Duke University yesterday, Apple Chief Executive Officer Tim Cook told graduates to be "fearless" like the women in the #MeToo movement and the high school students from Parkland, Florida, who both stood up to rally the masses in a quest to change the world for the better. Some three decades after he graduated from Duke's Fuqua School of Business, Cook returned to the Durham, North Carolina, campus bent on inspiring a new generation to reject the status quo and "and dare to think different." He cited recent examples of people who have been driven to confront the powerful standing in the way of change.
· Donald Trump praised his incredible mom in a heartfelt Mother's Day video, but the president made no mention of the First Lady and mother-of-one, Melania Trump. “This Sunday is one of the most important days of the year. It's a special opportunity to thank all of the mothers and grandmothers in our lives,” Trump said at the start of the video. Trump's mother, Mary Anne MacLeod, was Scottish-born and emigrated to New York in 1930. She found work as a domestic worker before marrying Trump's father, Fred Trump Sr., in 1936. MacLeod passed away in August 2000.
· A massive new fissure opened on Hawaii's Kilauea volcano, hurling bursts of rock and magma with an ear-piercing screech yesterday as it threatened nearby homes within a zone where authorities had just ordered an evacuation. The fissure, a vivid gouge of magma with steam and smoke pouring out both ends, was the 17th to open on the volcano since it began erupting on May 3. Dozens of homes have been destroyed and hundreds of people forced to evacuate in the past 10 days.